Laurie LevinOct 5, 2021
Call Me a Woman
On Our Way to Equality and Peace
One More Page 2021
When we give women the same respect and opportunities as men, we give the world its best chance for peace, prosperity, and survival.
- Angry about sexism and misogyny and what you personally have endured?
- Sad for those who suffer because of inequality and greed?
- Afraid the world won't get its act together in time to save itself?
- Care about human rights and want to be part of the solution?
Laurie Levin's Call Me a Woman: On Our Way to Equality and Peace (One More Page, 2021) begins with a personal story of Levin's early years. She describes how the loss of her mother and multiple sexual assaults, including rape, led to her life's calling. Inside you'll discover:
- The most important thing parents can do to change the world
- Our unconscious habits that perpetuate inequality
- Inspiring stories to shift resentment to empathy, hope, and action
- The 7 Habits of Equality to speed our way to gender equality and peace
- Inner peace and freedom as you become the solution
Personal interviews with: Lynn Povich, first woman senior editor Newsweek magazine; Maxine Clark, founder Build-A-Bear Workshop; Gloria Feldt, former CEO and President Planned Parenthood Federation of America, NY Times Best-Selling Author; Mark Levin, biotech industry leader, founder, and CEO; Zaron Burnett III, investigative journalist and writer.
Call Me A Woman: On Our Way to Equality and Peace provides real life experiences, global studies, and insights, and the 7 Habits of Equality that will reshape the world into one where all children have equal opportunities, from the beginning to the end of their lives.