Laura Portwood-StacerSep 27, 2023
Getting Published at CEU Press
The Book Proposal
New Books Network 2023
The third episode of the CEU Press Podcast Series is all about the book proposal. Our guests, Laura Portwood-Stacer, publishing consultant and developmental editor, and Jen McCall, CEU Press’s acquisitions editor for history titles, talk to host Andrea Talabér about how to put together a book proposal package. In the discussion, Laura and Jen touch upon all aspects of the book proposal from choosing the right publisher, what constitutes the book proposal package, to what happens after submitting it.
The CEU Press Podcast Series delves into various aspects of the publishing process: from crafting a book proposal, finding a publisher, responding to peer review feedback on the manuscript, to the subsequent distribution, promotion and marketing of academic books. We will also talk to series editors and authors, who will share their experiences of getting published and talk about their series or books.
- Laura’s book The Book Proposal Book: A Guide for Scholarly Authors is available from Princeton University Press.
- Laura can also be found at Manuscript Works.
- Sign up to her newsletter, where she shares her tips on scholarly publishing.
- Follow Laura on Twitter @lportwoodstacer, for tips on scholarly publishing. Laura also regularly posts information about her courses.
- Jen is keen to hear from people who would like to submit a proposal to the CEU Press. She can be reached at McCallJ@press.ceu.edu.
- Follow Jen on Twitter @jennymccall22.
- Interested in the CEU Press’s publications? Click here to find out more here.
Stay tuned for future episodes and subscribe to our podcast to be the first to be notified. You can find us on Apple Podcast, Spotify and all other major podcast apps.