Elephants Before Unicorns
Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies to Save Your Company
Entrepreneur Press 2020
How does avoidance of conflict ultimately create more conflict in the workplace?
Today I talked to Caroline Stokes, author of Elephants Before Unicorns: Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies to Save Your Company (Entrepreneur Press, 2019)
Stokes is the CEO of FORWARD, and the podcast host of The Emotionally Intelligent Recruiter. She is an award-winning leadership coach and thinker, partnering with global leaders throughout their career and leadership cycle. Topics covered in this episode include:
• The emotions that inadvertently inspire the behavior of both push-over and bully bosses, and the likely emotional responses of their direct reports.
• How the risk of employee disengagement can get short-circuited before it happens.
• What are steps that can ensure a better on-boarding experience for the new employee, including CEO’s (whose turn-over rate is 50% within the first 18 months on the job).
Dan Hill, PhD, is the author of eight books and leads Sensory Logic, Inc. To check out his “Faces of the Week” blog, visit https://emotionswizard.com.
Podcasts We Like
- The China History Podcast
- Classical Ideas
- Curiosity Daily
- Democracy Works
- The Endless Knot
- Historically Thinking
- How Do We Fix It?
- Independent Thought & Freedom
- Philosophical Disquisitions
- The Science of Politics
- Talking Legal History
- Think About It
- Third Reich History
- Time to Eat the Dogs
- The Vocal Fries
- Working Historians