In our new summer series of “Sillies,” Saronik and Kim ask each other how simple things will achieve the grandiose task of saving the world. In this episode, Kim asks Saronik about how horses will save the world.
The texts we mention (or meant to mention) in the episode are (in some vague order):
- Peter Shaffer, Equus, 1973
- Girish Karnad, Hayavadana, 1971
- Sharon Patricia Holland, an other: a black feminist consideration of animal life (Duke UP, 2023)
- Mackenzie Cooley, The Perfection of Nature: Animals, Breeding, and Race in the Renaissance (Chicago UP, 2022)
- Raymond Malewitz, “On the Origin of ‘Oops!’: The Language and Literature of Animal Disease” Critical Inquiry 45 (Summer 2019).
In this episode we used sound effects from freesound.org. To make the episode we downloaded sounds created by the following users: BUNCHA SOUNDS BOI!; InspectorJ; felix.blume. Click the link to hear the sound.
This episode’s silly image was created by Saronik Bosu. It is a distortion of “Whistlejacket” (1762) by George Stubbs.