The Creator Mindset
92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability
Why is the corporate fallback being “analytical” (as opposed to nurturing creativity)?
Today I talked to Nir Bashan about his new book The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability (McGraw-Hill, 2020).
Bashan is a creativity expert who has spent the past two decades devisning a formula for sustained creativity. Besides his blue-chip corporate clients, Bashan has also worked on album, movies and advertisements for people like Rod Stewart and Woody Harrelson, won a Clio and been nominated for an Emmy. This is his first book.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Creativity’s three unlikely personal traits (hint: courage is one of them).
- Why self-doubt and complacency are both threats to successful innovation, and how to overcome each in turn.
- Design obstacles Bashan has witnessed, plus five more from my book Emotionomics.
Podcasts We Like
- The China History Podcast
- Classical Ideas
- Curiosity Daily
- Democracy Works
- The Endless Knot
- Historically Thinking
- How Do We Fix It?
- Independent Thought & Freedom
- Philosophical Disquisitions
- The Science of Politics
- Talking Legal History
- Think About It
- Third Reich History
- Time to Eat the Dogs
- The Vocal Fries
- Working Historians