Brant HansenJan 8, 2024
The Men We Need
A Discussion with Brant Hansen
New Books Network 2022
“What is a man?” asks Hamlet. If all he does is “sleep and feed,” then “a beast, no more.” That’s not enough for Hamlet, and it’s not enough for Brant Hansen, who spreads the Gospel by radio and in print. He’s written a number of books, including his new one, The Men We Need (Baker Books, 2022), which asks and answers questions about men’s special role in our world, and the opportunity for joy and meaning. Hansen’s thesis is rooted in scripture and reflects what Catholics will recognize as the theology of the Body developed by St. John Paul II. It was a great book and our conversation was tremendously fun.
This is the seventy-fifth episode of Almost Good Catholics and starts off our third season and the year 2024. My discussion with Brant is 52 minutes long, but then I’ve added fifteen minutes of Christmas music from Josh and Margot of the Great Space Coaster Band to celebrate.
- Brant Hansen’s website and radio show.
- The Men We Need by Brant Hansen (2022) and all of his books.
- Brant Hansen’s page and CURE International’s page on Wikipedia.
- Trailer for Wall-E (Disney and Pixar, 2008).
- The ever-growing Josh and Margot Christmas Album and the Great Space Coaster band website.
Krzysztof Odyniec is a historian of Medieval and Early Modern Europe; he is also the host of the 'Almost Good Catholics' podcast.