Rob TempioJul 1, 2021
What Do the Ancients Have to Teach Us?
A Discussion to with Rob Tempio
Princeton University Press 2021
Today I talked to Rob Tempio, the editor of a wonderful collection of books from Princeton University Press called "Ancient Wisdom for Modern Readers." The series presents the timeless and timely ideas of classical thinkers in lively new translations. Enlightening and entertaining, these books make the practical wisdom of the ancient world accessible for modern life. The titles of the various volumes gives you a good idea of what's on offer.
- How to Drink (Obsopeous)
- How to Be Content (Horace)
- How to Be a Bad Emperor (Suetonius)
- How to Think about God (Cicero)
- How to Win an Argument (Cicero)
- How to Be Free (Epicutetus)
- How to Run a Country (Cicero)
- How to Grow Old (Cicero)
- How to Keep your Cool (Seneca)
There are 19 pearls of Ancient Wisdom currently in the series with more to come. Enjoy!
Marshall Poe is the founder and editor of the New Books Network. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.