Ananta Giri KumarJan 14, 2024
Cultivating Contemplative Civilization and a New Civilization of Love and Ahimsa (Non-Violence)
A Discussion with Ananta Giri Kumar
New Books Network 2024
This episode we speak with Dr. Ananta Giri Kumar, a professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies, who was recently a guest speaker at the conference hosted at CIIS called Sustainability and Contemplative Civilization: The Integral Vision of Sri Aurobindo. We will be joined by Hemalatha Swaminathan, an EWP Phd student, to discuss with Ananta his presentation topic at the conference titled, Cultivating Contemplative Civilization and a New Civilization of Love and Ahimsa.
Ananta Kumar Giri is a Professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai, India. He has been a Visiting Professor and Researcher at many universities in India and abroad, including Aalborg University (Denmark), Maison des sciences de l’homme, Paris (France), the University of Kentucky (USA), University of Freiburg & Humboldt University (Germany), Jagiellonian University (Poland) and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He has an abiding interest in social movements and cultural change, criticism, creativity and contemporary dialectics of philosophy and literature. Professor Giri has written and edited around two dozen books in Odia and English.
- East-West Psychology Podcast Website
- Connect with EWP: Website • Youtube • Facebook
- East-West Psychology Credits
- Hosted by Stephen Julich (EWP Core Faculty) and Jonathan Kay (PhD student, EWP assistant)
- Produced by: Stephen Julich and Jonathan Kay
- Edited and Mixed by: Jonathan Kay
- Introduction music: Mosaic, by Monsoon on the album Mandala
- Music at the end of the episode: Eventide, by Justin Gray’s Synthesis on Monsoon-Music Online Record Label
- Introduction Voiceover: Roche Wadehra