Devdip GanguliMay 15, 2023
Inside the Sri Aurobindo Ashram (Part 2)
Integral Education and the Politics of Spiritual Anarchy
New Books Network 2023
This episode is a continuation of our conversation with ACTS student Devdip Ganguli. We discuss principals and politics of spiritual anarchy and Devdip speaks about Peter Heehs’ controversial book “The Lives of Sri Aurobindo”. Devdip discusses a new book he edited called “Reading Sri Aurobindo”, and also shares his academic projects related to Sri Aurobindo with universities in India, China, and now France. We next explore the life and transcultural work of Chinese scholar-practitioner-artist Hu Hsu, who lived in the Sri Aurobindo Ashram for 27 years, and the conversation ends with Devdip sharing his transformative experiences with senior sadhaks in the Ashram community.
Devdip Ganguli teaches undergraduate students at the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education, Pondicherry, where he offers courses on the social and political philosophy of Sri Aurobindo, as well as on ancient Indian history, art and culture. He is frequently invited to speak in universities in India and abroad on topics related to Sri Aurobindo’s writings. He also works in one of the administrative departments of Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
“Reading Sri Aurobindo” available here.
The EWP Podcast credits
- East-West Psychology Podcast Website
- Connect with EWP: Website • Youtube • Facebook
- Hosted by Stephen Julich (EWP Core Faculty) and Jonathan Kay (PhD student, EWP assistant)
- Produced by: Stephen Julich and Jonathan Kay
- Edited and Mixed by: Jonathan Kay
- Introduction music: Mosaic, by Monsoon on the album Mandala
- Music at the end of the episode: Reflections, by Justin Gray and Synthesis, released on Monsoon-Music Onkine Record Community
- Introduction Voiceover: Roche Wadehra